I know that it is cliche, but it is SO true. Jake's older brother, Nathan, suffered a massive stroke last Sunday morning. He is 39. He has a wife, Sara, three rambunctious boys and an adorable little girl. When Jake and Lexie left for Texas Sunday he was not expected to live. He defied that, but he will never be the same. He will never hold his sweet kids again, or kiss his wife, or sit up in bed, or talk. At least that is the prognosis for now. The back half of his brain is completely gone, and the swelling is still spreading. He is a fighter so he may be able to defy the doctors and science eventually but for now he answers yes and no questions by blinking his eyes. He has to use a ventilator to regulate his breathing. For all intensive purposes the Nathan that every one knew is gone, he will never be the same. My heart aches for Sara and the kids, for Jake and the rest of his siblings.
Nathan and Jake (taken when Jake was working in Texas about 2 years ago)
Nathan and Sara's family
1 comment:
Nikki, I really appreciate this post. This is exactly how Erick and I have been feeling. I've cried so many tears just thinking how it would impact us if it were Erick and it breaks my heart that Nathan and Sara and family have to tackle this trial.
Heather
Post a Comment