This happened in April.
On April 30th, Lexie tripped over a hurdle in a track meet and suffered a concussion. Our high school was supposed to get a new surface over the previous summer, but it didn't happen so we had no home track meets. I was only able to go to one meet, in Hastings (30 minutes from us) and Jake was only able to go to one track meet (also in Hastings). This happened at the meet that Jake was at. She doesn't really remember what happened. I still remember the dread I felt when Jake called me as I was taking Ashton to baseball and said I needed to meet him at the hospital, he had Lexie and she had a concussion. They did a bunch of tests at the hospital to rule out other injuries and had us stay for a while for observation. Light gave her a headache, so did sound. She was super dizzy and had a hard time thinking. She could barely remember when her birthday was. She still doesn't remember much of that night. It was so hard and so scary to watch her like that. It broke this mommy's heart.
On a happier note, we did do some fun stuff too. We celebrated Trisha's birthday with our traditional balloon release.
We celebrated Easter. We dyed easter eggs and had an easter egg hunt, both inside and out.
Abbie had so much fun
Lexie posing to indulge her mom.
Finding eggs up high.






No comments:
Post a Comment