Today was the first day of school for us. It is so nice to not have to start school until after labor day! But all the same I was dreading the alarm clock going off this morning. I was pleasantly surprised though this morning, BOTH Ashton and Lexie beat me up this morning. And they were dressed and eating breakfast when I got out of the shower! Not such a big deal for Lexie she did that a lot last year, but Ashton was excited for his first day of school! This is huge people! He had a rough year last year and would tell anyone who asked how bad he hated school (this was kindergarten for crying out loud). But we had a good talk with his teacher this year and she told him she would help him to not be so bored at school so that he didn't hate it. I am so glad that he was excited for school this morning, I just hope that he has a good first day and that excitement continues throughout the year. Here are their pictures from this morning.

Lexie on her first day of 7th grade! Where has time gone? Wasn't she just a baby the other day?
Ashton on his first day of 1st grade. I pray he has a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment