Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Early Riser??

NOT ME!!! But I've been reading this parenting book (The Ultimate Career, by Daryl Hoole) and one of the chapters in the book is on organization and time management.  One of the ideas they give comes from one of the authors daughters, she says "The closer to 6:00 am I get up, the more successful is my day."When I first read this I thought "yah right, never gonna happen at my house."  I am just not an early riser I don't like getting out of bed, once I'm up I'm usually fine, but its the getting out of bed that is the problem..  Growing up we called it being "stuck to the sheets".  I'm glad that Lexie doesn't have the same problem or she would never make it to school on time :)  But the more I've thought about what I've been learning from the book I have decided to start getting up earlier and see if it helps me keep the peace in our house.   I'm not shooting for 6 right now (I know that would be a lost cause) but I am going to get up a little earlier each week until 6 is an obtainable goal.  Hopefully it will work, and things will seem easier even if they aren't.

No comments: