Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great Memorial Day weekend even though the weather didn't want to cooperate with us. We went to Vernal with my family on Sunday and went to see Trisha's grave. (It still seems very weird to say that) My Grandma Taylor had made a really nice makeshift headstone for her grave so that you could tell who was buried there, her headstone should be ready later this summer so that will be nice. Then we went to my cousin Seth's house for a BBQ for their son's birthday. It was good and it was the first time that I had seen their new house it is very nice and has a great view out the back of Steinaker Lake. Monday morning we woke to more rain and Ashton was just sure that his horse ride that he had been promised was not going to happen. But the rain did stop enough that we could get the horses saddled and all the kids got their rides in, even if they did get a little wet. Even Abbie got to go for a ride, she loved it and didn't want to get back off. She wasn't scared of the horses at all and loved all of the other farm animals that she got to see.
The brown house in the corner of the last picture is the house we lived in when we were kids and we would come "through the field" to grandma's for a little spoiling. The horse that I am riding with Abbie is actually "mine" or at least he was the horse that my grandpa gave me when I was a teenager, but since I couldn't take him when we moved to Salt Lake my grandpa has been taking good care of him and making sure that he earns his keep. All of my kids have now been able to ride on "Mom's horse" I think that is pretty cool. Considering he is 15 years old or pretty close to it, I don't know how many more summers he will be around for my kids to ride.

No comments: